9:55, 13.Sep 2018
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo will tour the Greater Accra Region this week from Tuesday, December 4, 2018 and commission 10 different projects.
The Minister of Information, Mr Kojo Oppong Nkrumah who made this known at a media briefing on Sunday said the three-day tour will end on Thursday, December 6, 2018.
The tour, according to the Minister of Information was in line with President Akufo-Addo's commitment to pay working visits to all regions every year.
This will be his 20th such visit since assumption of office and represents his final tour this year.
President Akufo-Addo has already visited all the nine other regions this year.
On each tour, the President makes time to interact with chiefs and people, key stakeholders in the region as well as the Regional Security Councils.
He also uses the opportunity to inspect on-going works across various sectors and commissions completed projects.
This weeks tour in Greater Accra will take President Akufo-Addo to Krowor, Tema East, La Dadekotopon, Korley Klottey, Adentan, Okaikoi South, Odododiodoo, Ablekuma South, Ablekuma Central, Anya Sowutuom and Bortianor/Ngleshie/Amanfro.
As part of his tour, Nana Akufo-Addo will inspect ongoing projects under the One District-One Factory programme such as Entrance Pharmaceuticals and Research Centre, Sunda, and Everpure.
In the Greater Accra Region, he will be commissioning and inspecting 10 major projects as part of his tour. These include;
- Inspection of ongoing works on the Eastern Railway line in Accra
- Sod Cutting for the construction of the James Town Fishing Harbour
- Inspection of the Abossey Okai Roads Construction
- Commissioning of a Multipurpose Astro-Turf and community centre in Ablekuma Central
- Commissioning of the New Ultra Modern AMA Office Complex
- Inspection of Tema Motorway Interchange ongoing construction works
- Inspection of ongoing construction works of concrete roads at Tema Industrial Area
- Inspection of construction works on the Madina-Adenta Highway footbridges
- Commissioning of a new Assembly Building and School Complex at Anyaa Sowutuom
- Inspection of a Sunda Ltd 1D1F Factory at Bortianor / Ngleshi / Amanfrom
- Sod Cutting of an Affordable Housing project at Amasaman.
President Akufo-Addo according to the Information Minister will be using the opportunity to apprise himself of the status of work as well as urging agencies and contractors to ensure diligence and value for money.
"These and the many other projects that the President has inspected or commissioned on the other 9 tours have been funded even in the midst of the limited fiscal space and huge arrears inherited by the Akufo-Addo administration," MR Oppong Nkrumah said.
The President expects that as outlined in the 2019 budget, the improving fiscal environment and a significant reduction in arrears will afford the administration the opportunity to ramp up more economic infrastructure projects nationwide in 2019 and 2020.
Source : www.graphic.com.gh