10:25, 23.Jul 2018
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo made a bad decision by making a female, Mrs Cecilia Abena Dapaah, the Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources, former Municipal Chief Executive of Ejisu, Afrifa Yamoah Ponkoh, has said.
According to him, the workload at that ministry is beyond the energy level of women, hence, Mr Akufo-Addo should rescind his decision.
He told Chief Jerry Forson on Accra 100.5FM Friday, 10 August that: “It beats my imagination why the president sent Mrs Cecilia Dapaah who was doing so well at the Aviation Ministry, to the Sanitation Ministry.
“The Sanitation Ministry is beyond women, the workload is voluminous, and, so, should have been handled by a man.”
President Nana Akufo-Addo on Thursday, 9 August, reshuffled his ministers but none of them has lost his or her job.
Also, he has added two new portfolios – Minister of State at the Office of the Vice-President; and Minister of State at the Office of the President.
Below is the full list:
1. John Peter Amewu – Energy (Former Minister of Lands and Natural Resources);
2. Kweku Asoma-Cheremeh – Lands and Natural Resources (Former Brong Ahafo Regional Minister);
3. Kofi Adda – Aviation (Former Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources);
4. Cecilia Abena Dapaah – Sanitation and Water Resources (Former Aviation Minister);
5. Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid – Minister of Inner City and Zongo Development (Former Information Minister);
6. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah – Information (Former Deputy Minister of Information);
7. Cynthia Morrison – Gender, Child and Social Protection;
8. Paulina Tangoba Abayage – Upper East Regional Minister (Former Ambassador to Italy);
9. Evans Opoku Bobie, Member of Parliament for Asunafo North Constituency and former deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, is now Brong Ahafo Regional Minister-designate;
10. Martin Oti Gyarko, Member of Parliament for Techiman North Constituency, is now Deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister-designate;
11. Boniface Abubakar Saddique, Member of Parliament for Madina Constituency and former Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development, is now Minister of State at the Office of the Vice-President;
12. Rockson Bukari, former Upper East Regional Minister, is now Minister of State at the Office of the President;
13. Pius Enam Hadzide, former deputy Minister of Youth and Sports, is now Deputy Minister of Information;
14. Perry Curtis Okudzeto, former deputy Minister of Information, is now Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports; and
15. Otiko Afisa Djaba, former Minister of Gender, Child and Social Protection, is now Ambassador-designate to Italy.